I’ve never done a reading challenge and I’m kind of excited about this one! Especially since it goes hand-in-hand with my 2020 goal to clean out and reduce my TBR pile. 😃
I first learned about this challenge from @SeriesToFinish. The rules seemed easy enough so I thought, “Why not???” Curious? Here’s the guidelines:
You can read any genre and any format (Book, eReader, Audiobook, Graphic Novel, etc.).
Books published before and in 2020 count.
If a series is not completed, or at least the ARC for the final book available in 2020, you can not count it.
It doesn’t matter if it’s a new series or if you have read most of them and only need to read 1 book to finish, the goal is to complete the whole series.
Challenge runs from January 1st, 2020 to December 31st, 2020.
That’s it! Sounds simple enough, right?! Before I get into the ones I plan to finish though, I should share this too…
HOW TO JOIN
- Simply declare your intention to join in your blog or social media and send it to Series to Finish via link, message or mention (@seriestofinish). Then YOU’RE IN!
- Once they see that, they will add you to the list of participants.
- Having a blog is not required, but they do recommend having a platform to connect with other readers.
- You can follow other participants and their progress using the hashtag #SeriesTF2020.
- Everything other than letting ‘Series To Finish’ know you have joined is voluntary.
- You do not need to publish a TBR in order to join the challenge.
- But if you do, please share it with ‘Series To Finish’ so they can add it to their lists.
- You can update, edit and remove books from your TBR as you see fit.
- ‘Series to Read’ created a spreadsheet where you can add your series and TBR:
- The purposes for this are to both organize your reads and have a visual as well as finding others that are reading the same series, so it is easier for you to discuss those books or even put together a buddy read, but you can also use it as inspiration to add more series.
So without further adieu and in no particular order, these are the series I hope to complete in 2020. (Books in Series Left to Read / Total Books in Series)
All Souls Trilogy – I read ‘A Discovery of Witches’ a while ago but never got a chance to read the other 2. 😏 And since it’s been a while, I’m pretty much going to have to start it all over again. (3/3)
Shadow of the Fox – I INHALED the first 2 books in the series and can’t wait for the last one!! Already got it ordered. 😉 (1/3)
Shaw Confessions – I recently started this series and I’m super excited to see where it goes because I loved the Mara Dyer series and Noah Shaw is a favorite fictional boyfriend. (2/3)
Shadow and Bone – Okay, this one I started and wasn’t super crazy about it. However, I am obsessed with the Six of Crows duology and my husband got me King of Scars for Christmas. SO I suppose I should give it another go to round out the Grisha world. (3/3)
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – This one was completely me being a coward. I don’t want to see Peter and Lara Jean break up!!! I’m not even sure if they do. Because I don’t want to read it. But I should. I need to. But they’re going to college. And almost everyone breaks up when they go to college. So… 😝 (1/3)
Talon – This was another one that I started and then got buried while I waited for the next installation. I think that’s why I like waiting for the whole series to come out before getting hooked. If my brain stays out of a world for too long, I lose the desire to continue a story. So like All Souls, I should probably start this one from scratch too. (5/5)
The Cousins O’Dwyer Trilogy – I struggled with adding this one. I really liked the first book in the series. The second one fell flat for me. So even though the last book has been sitting on my shelf, I just haven’t had the desire to pick it up. But it’s time. (1/3)
And there you have it! By my count, that’s 16 books to read for this year. Wish me luck!! ❤