May Reads & April Reviews
Well, I must say that I’m quite proud of how great choosing my reads for the month did! I wouldn’t say I was skeptical but I wasn’t sure that I could stick to it. Admittedly, towards the end of the month, I did start getting a little off the rails as friends recommended books to me though. 😜
So let’s look at how my April picks went…
Night of the Dragon (Shadow of the Fox #3) by Julie Kagawa – Read – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dark Days (Dead City #3) by James Ponti – Read – ⭐⭐⭐
Blood Magick (Cousins O’Dwyer Trilogy #3) by Nora Roberts – Read – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo – Read – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Back-Up Read: The Hired Girl by Laura Amy Shlitz – Read – ⭐
Back-Up Read: One of Us is Next by Karen McManus – Not Started 😔
Late Add Read: Storm and Fury (The Harbinger #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout – Read – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Not bad, if I do say so myself! So I think I’ll keep it going. For May, I’m going to use the same formula…
I’m going to pick 4 books a month because I can generally average 1 book a week between work and family commitments.
2 books have to be on my ‘2020 Series-to-Finish‘ list.
1 book has to be from the stacks of random books I’ve picked up at library sales and whatnot over the years. (These are books that seemed slightly interesting at the time but were so cheap that it was worth grabbing them even if they flopped.)
1 book will be my “Hot Read” for the month. (Examples include that brand new book that I’m super excited to read or a book club book.)
2 Books from my 2020 Series-to-Finish List
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – I read this last year but never picked up the other 2 in the trilogy. So I want to re-read this one before getting into them. Also, my husband got me King of Scars for Christmas and I REALLY want to be able to read that! 😁
- One of Us Is Next by Karen McManus – This was a buddy read that got screwed up by the Coronavirus. I was hoping to get to it in April but I wasn’t pushing it because my friend hadn’t received her copy yet. But now she has and she’s started it so I’m behind the 8 ball. 🤦🏻♀️
1 Book from my “Random” Stack
- The Geek Feminist Revolution by Kameron Hurley – I picked this one up from the library on a whim before the “Shelter in Place” order. Since it needs to go back when the library opens again, I might as well read it first. 📚
1 “Hot Read”
- I Love You So Mochi by Sarah Kuhn – This is another one picked in the Subtle Asian Book Club. 💘
Bonus Books if I Have Time
- The Naming (Books of Pellinor #1) by Alison Croggon – A friend recommend this one to me as a Buddy Read. 💜
- Gilded (Gilded #1) by Christina Farley – This is one of the first books downloaded on my Kindle. I can’t say exactly why I haven’t read it yet but maybe this is the month. 😉
- Cruel Prince by Holly Black – I love Holly Black and Twitter keeps teasing me with this one!
Have you read any of these? Drop your links if you did reviews for them! I’d love to see what you thought.
Leave a Reply